Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back From Colorado




I left Colorado around 9:30 am Sunday morning with my utility trailer and empty water tank in tow. The tow was harding noticeable. I stoped every 100 miles or so to make sure everything was ok. Good thing, I might have had big problem if I had not stopped to just to check. I made it to Santa Fe about 8 pm Sunday night. I stayed at the Santa Fe International Hostel. The $15 rate provided a dormatory room, a community kitchen and free food in the refrigerator if I wanted it. No eating was allowed in the rooms. They required that I pick from a list of chores to do before I left. I initially planned to get a real early start, but found out the Hostel office did not open until 7 am...after which I had to do my chore, eat something, shower after cleaning, and turn in my room key. I finally left Santa Fe about 9:30 am.

I arrived in Deming about 4:00 pm Monday afternoon. I was surprised to see how green everything was. Last year at this time everything was brown. I was anxious to find out if my containerhouse was ok. As I turned the corner of my road I could see the white top of the container (RELIEF). The ground which was bear when I left is now full to plants. I unpacked the car, took some pictures, rested a bit and headed to town to give you my report. Unfortunately all the computers were occupied when I arrived and the library was soon to close.

I spent the night in the container and was awakened by a truck driving west down my road. I was preparing to leave when the vehicle came back heading east. The man in the waved. When I returned the wave, he stopped and got out the truck. He was friendly and started a conversation. I found out that he was a retired neighboring property owner, but was staying in one of RV parks at present.

I went to Walmart to pick up supplies, then came to the library to give you this report and some pictures I took yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn
Glad you got back ok & the house is still there - told ya it would be. Will keep following your progress.
Ginger @ the Y

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn, Enjoy your blog site. You articulate so well!
Hope to see you in a couple of months. Vada